Monday, August 17, 2009

experiences of fear and how i coped

Let's start with The High Challenge. I was at a raw food convention in Eugene OR and there was a high challenge. You do have guide wires and the like but you are walking on a telephone pole atop a couple telephone poles. Just climbing up gave me the jitters. Sure I am telling myself that it is safe and relax and i can do it, but turning around to face my walk suspended in the air was really frightening. After a few deep breaths, i did manage to get across. I passed on a rope for the feet and a couple for the hands.

Sure moving from LA to the east coast could have been scary but it really wasn't as i am pretty flexible.

One day i hooked up with a couple. He was about my height but build like a boxer. His gf was nice lady. He had the most lovely nine inches of blackness. She was a blonde. So we are chatting online. I figured we would meet for coffee but She demanded that i come over. She tells me she is in class and that He would greet me and She would arrive a few hours later. I planned to cook a dinner for Them. So i arrive and He is showing me the kitchen and how i was not to look Him in the eye. He then says that everything i had was his. He takes my clothes and it dawns on me that nobody knows i am here. i figure i had better be the best slave i can be. As it turns out They were just play acting. But the thought of losing my new car to Them was a bit scary. Basically all i did was to play along and it turned out to be a fun experience. I think if at my core i wasn't so frightened i would have continued the relationship even though i did have a on-again off-again Floridian gf/mistress at that time.

Life in High School was always a fearful time. I went a school that was the KKK headquarters in the fifties and when i went there it was home to the crips and bloods. Every day there were fights at lunch time with crowds surrounding them. So one day i feel that a good sociological experiment would be to watch one fight and see what the crowds get from it. I guess i chose a black-black fight because all of a sudden this big black guy grabs me by the neck and drags me back fifteen feet. He releases me, we look at each other with nothing being said, and i walked away never to look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment